At the reception there will be many short speeches from members of the wedding party and the father of the groom speech is one of the important ones. They can also be considered a toast. Most of the speeches will only be seven to ten minutes long and in that time frame there is a lot that needs to be said. If this is the first wedding where you have to give a speech you may be wondering why is it important, what do you say, etc. In addition to knowing what to say you also need to know when it is time to give your groom’s father wedding speech.
Template for father of the groom speech
This is the order in which the wedding speeches will be given.
- The father of the bride is the one who will start the speeches
- The next will be mother of the bride if she wants to but this is optional
- The father of the groom
- The mother of the groom can say a few words if she would like to
- The groom is next
- The bride will give a toast although this is common
- The maid of honor also has a chance to give a sentimental speech if she wants to.
- The speeches are closed with the best man giving a funny speech usually.
As you can see the four speeches that are most commonly given are by the father of the bride and groom, the groom, and then the best man.
Easy guideline for writing a father of the groom speech
If you have never give any type of speech before or are one who does not like to speak in public you may start to feel anxious just thinking about it. One important thing to do is to make sure that you do not wait until the last minute to write the speech. Start early and write several drafts, combining them to make the final speech. If it would help, take a note book to jot down things you want to say so you do not forget anything. More